This is a half-time position as a District Occupational Therapist for the 2020-2021 school year. Half-time salary will be prorated on fulltime amounts listed below. Start date is August 12, 2020.
The job of Occupational Therapist was established for the purpose/s of assessing students' functional physical development level; planning and implementing appropriate treatment to meet individual student objectives; identifying architectural barriers; and providing recommendations for accessibility, program development and student placement.
This job reports to Director of Special Education. For full job description, go to GCSD#1 Job Descriptions
Experience - Job related experience with increasing levels of responsibility is desired.
- Administers occupational therapy procedures and modalities for the purpose of achieving program objectives.
- Assesses students' fine and gross motor skills and functional abilities (e.g. perceptualmotor, hand functions, motor coordination, sensory development, muscle strength, etc.) for the purpose of determining their deficits and developing recommendations.
- Consults with teachers, parents, other personnel and/or outside professionals for the
- purpose of providing requested information, developing plans for services, making
- recommendations and/or coordinating occupational therapy services with those of other disciplines.
- Performs site visits at multiple work sites for the purpose of providing direct therapy
- interventions and assistance as required.
- Provides direct occupational therapy service for the purpose of developing students daily living skills in compliance with established goals and objectives.
- Screens students for the purpose of determining the need for further individualized
Education - Masters degree in Occupational Therapy
Certificates & Licenses - Maintains current licensure by State of WY Board of Occupational Therapy
Clearances - Criminal Justice Fingerprint/Background Clearance